Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Alba is excited at playing for Barcelona


Jordi Alba has revealed he is excited at the prospect of playing for Barcelona next season.

Alba, who was one of the stars of Euro 2012 and helped Spain beat Italy 4-0 in Sunday night's final, last week agreed to join Barca after a €14million fee with Valencia was agreed.

And the left-back, who scored in the win over the Azzurri, is looking forward to playing alongside his compatriots at club level.

Personally, Alba had a very successful EURO 2012

"I really want to play with Barcelona as soon as possible, especially after seeing what I could do with my future team-mates during the Euros," the 23-year-old told Goal.com.

"It is the best team in the world that has a very good football philosophy. Now I know many players [at Barcelona]. We understood each other and we will understand each other even better."

Alba also commented on scoring in Spain's Euro 2012 victory and added: "It was a great move, I saw that there was a gap there and ran for it, then Xavi sent me a great pass, right where I needed it. I was lucky enough to take a good touch and finish where I had to.

"I don't think of myself as the surprise of the tournament, the coach has given me all the confidence in the world, both him and my team-mates in fact. The consequence was a good tournament, both individually and collectively and this is the result, we are champions, and deservedly so."


No comments:

Post a Comment