Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nadal crashes out of Wimbledon in 2nd round

Second-seeded two time Wimbledon champion Rafael Nadal was taken down at hands of relatively unknown Lukas Rosol after a five set stunner, 6-7 (11-9) 6-4, 6-4, 2-6, 6-4. 


Nadal could not contain the relentless and brutal ground stroke from the 26 year old Czech on his Wimbledon debut. 


Lukas Rosol lies on the Wimbledon turf
Lukas Rosol, the world number 100, just sent a shocking wave through tennis world

Undeterred after losing the tiebreak in set 1, Rosol immediately bounced back and took the next two sets 6-4, and he managed to get under Nadal's skin in the process. 

Nadal managed a 6-2 win in set 4 but this was the end of it as Rosol took the fifth set to complete a "freak" victory for the world number 100. This was Nadal's earliest exit since he was beaten by Gilles Muller in the second round at Wimbledon 2005. 

"I don't know what to say," Rosol said. "I'm not just surprised but it's like a miracle. I never expected something like this. There are so many emotions - I don't know what to say.
"[Nadal] is a superstar and I'm very sorry for him. I played unbelievably today. I hope I can play another match like this.
"I'm very happy for my support. Before the match I was thinking to play three good sets so I don't lose 3-0.
"I know Nadal is only human. Nadal played a good match but I think I was a little bit better."
So the big question here is this shocking outcome was how much did Nadal lose and how much did Rosol win? More of the latter we would say. Nadal's play was simply ripped off. Rosol came out and hit winner after winner. He thoroughly deserved it. 
David Mercer from BBC stated: ""These great championships have produced huge, huge upsets, but this is one of the greatest in history. How typical of Nadal. At one of his lowest moments, he is still signing autographs. It's a mark of the gentleman he is and the sportsman he is. But he wasn't good enough on the day. And for Lukas Rosol to be ranked 100 in the world is a joke."

147370123_crop_exact
11 Grand Slam title holder, Rafael Nadal, exit Wimbledon 2012 in second round

Rosol will now face Philipp Kohlschreiber in the third round but how far can his Cinderella journey can go. People even come close to predict Rosol to win the Wimbeldon, but standing on his path are many great players. When the clock will strike midnight for the World 100?

At M88.com you can find the best odds and markets for Wimbledon. Check out at M88 Sports Betting  


No comments:

Post a Comment